When my house was robbed one of the things they did was pick up my nightstand and dump it out onto my bedroom floor. It just blended in with the rest of the regular mess but I decided the other day to finally straiten it up. In the pile of junk I found a piece of paper where I'd written my new years resolutions for last year... or maybe even the year before. It doesn't really matter because as I read it over I realized I had done...none of them. How lame is that?! So I thought I'd put this year's resolutions on my blog where I'd be reminded of them more instead of in the back of my nightstand drawer under the stack of birthday cards I buy people but never send. Since I like cooking so much, I made myself a bakers dozen of them (in no particular order):
- Visit all my doctors
- Visit a new country or state or take a class (photography, art, cooking, music...)
- Read my scriptures and go to the temple more
- Find a new outdoor sport to get into
- Memorize one of my favorite poems
- Buy at least 2 major furniture/home items I need (bed, TV stand, piano, new floors, fence, security system...)
- Drink more water and eat less candy
- Exercise to the point I notice a significant difference in appearance and endurance
- Hit 1000 geocache finds
- Improve my manners and be nicer. (less sarcasm and more compliments)
- Go to bed and wake up earlier
- Donate more clothes, shoes, and other stuff I don't need
- Keep my lawn mowed, my driveway shoveled, and my house dusted.
I don't think my new outdoor sport will be water skiing in Argentina because I stink at it.