Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of Spring (road trip detours)

The climbing in Joshua Tree was over and it was time to go home. It was the first day of spring and the drive was...long, but we stopped for a nice picnic lunch of all our left over food at the Virgin River Gorge area. The view was nice, too bad the bananas had made all the cookies taste like bananas. We took a picture of our beat up climbing hands, but it really doesn't do them justice. They were way cooler looking in person. A little while later we took the scenic loop to check out Kolob Canyon which was freezing cold but gorgeous. I'd love to go back there and explore sometime...or climb. You can climb there too! (find our shadows)Can't really go anywhere with Jake without getting the standard picture of him gazing off at a cool view. I swear I never pose these shots, they just happen. After these nice spring detours though it was back to the drive and the most exciting thing that happened was figuring out that this purple cam fit perfectly into the clock on my dashboard and me learning how to eat a cheekfull of sunflower seeds, which I previously thought was one of the most disgusting habits ever.

No comments: