Friday, June 17, 2011

Alicia's Birthday Desserts

For Alicia's birthday she wanted a berry themed dessert table. She made a delicious blackberry chocolate cake that had the most fantastic marshmallow chocolate frosting, and some really good mini strawberry shortcakes that we will definitely be putting on our list of wedding options at Sweet Lime. Then she modified our cake balls and instead of using normal cake and frosting in the middles she used fresh raspberries and pound cake (genius!) They were amazing. I brought some marshmallow surprise cookies and foraged around their yard for flowers to put on the table. It was a minimal spread but everything we especially fantastic. She made a cake for my birthday back in May and it was amazing too. I never wrote about it though. You can read about it here and if you want any of her recipes she used read her post here.

1 comment:

Megan D. said...

Those are really pretty treats! When are you going to make some for bookclub?*

*Feel free to say, "When are you ever going to come to bookclub? With the book read?"

To that I would say, I'm coming tonight, but not with the book read. But I still need treats.