Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When Babies Turn One

It's no secret that I'm not the biggest baby fan, but when they can start holding their head up and laugh, I start getting interested. Around the time they turn one, something happens and I like them finally. It could have something to do with the fact that I love watching one year olds tear apart their first birthday cake... (or second birthday cake) This is Alec, my brother Andy's most recent kid. My parents were in town so they came down to my house to celebrate Alec's birthday. I made a cake and charged the camera battery because I am ridiculous when it comes to taking pictures of kids and cake.
Around this time he lost interest, I think it was the fact that he had frosting and sprinkles stuck to his eye lashes. The before and after cake pictures:
We didn't bother eating any of his cake. We ate one of these... my current favorite cake to bake. Brown sugar cake with coconut cream frosting...
After cake we opened presents and played Twister. I said it before and I'll say it again, Sarah's got the Twister skills!!! They're getting even better. I think she should stay in ballet and I'm pretty vocal about it to her parents whenever I see them. How could you not keep this girl in ballet class?!?! (or maybe classes at this place) I'm considering starting a facebook group. 1 million people to keep Sarah in Ballet
???????????!!
Alec is considering joining the facebook group

No comments: