Thursday, January 14, 2010

How I spent my Christmas Vacation

I got lots of time off work for Christmas and could be happy if I never had to go back to work again… as long as no one else had to go back to work either.
So here's what I did with all that time besides shovel my driveway 9 times a day...
I went to Alicia's house for Christmas Eve and enjoyed Mexican food, cheese, and stories read by James.
Afterwards I spent the night at Nate's house and ate chocolate fondue before going to bed so Santa could come...which he did.
In the morning we opened presents and sat around in pajamas till it was time to eat our Christmas steaks. (Simon didn't sit around, he played with all his hotwheels) Their presents were around the tree all wrapped up nice, mine were around the lamp in cardboard boxes. The next day we went sledding in the canyon. It was Simon's first time. After an hour he was done. I went sledding again with Alicia and her boys. In the canyon and then at Liberty Park and then in their backyard. We weren't done till the sun went down. (I think I took a thousand pictures of us sledding that day)
(Alicia is the funnest pregnant lady ever...see evidence below)
I went out to breakfast with Carrie and Simon at the Blue Plate Diner (We went back again with Nate and I tried Eggs Benedict for the first time. I don't think I care for runny yolked eggs or Hollandaise Sauce) Alicia had a New Years Eve party with way too many treats and a few fireworks.
Then there was even more sledding, this time at Stew's house. After sledding Stew made everyone a big dinner and that night Hayden and Jake and I went night sledding...no pictures of us at night but it was crazy fun. On my last day of vacation Jake and I went snowshoeing in American Fork Canyon. It was such a beautiful day. That afternoon I watched Jake and Scott go long boarding and got to ride Scott's board back to the house. (A lot more fun than it probably sounds) Then I watched the alpenglow fade off the top of Mt. Timpanogos and… ...vacation was over, everyone went back to work, Alicia's kids went back to school, Jake went back to Oklahoma, the cardboard boxes when into the recycling bin, and the smog came back to the valley.

No comments: