Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back to our regularly scheduled climbing

I think it's about time for a rock climbing post again. It's been raining, I hurt my finger, and I've let myself be distracted by cake baking for the past while, but I'm back to regular climbing finally. Yesterday after work Mark and I went to do a few climbs at the Challenge Buttress in Big Cottonwood Canyon. I'm still out of sorts and was falling on stuff I knew I could have done a month ago but where I lack skill and strength I have determination and always make it to the top eventually. I'll be back to normal in no time. It was a good evening of climbing and we squeezed in as much as we could climbing till the sun set. Mark's friend Mark came along, as well as Ben. Ben even did his first ever lead climb outside. He's still pretty new to climbing on ropes and he was pretty excited which led to a few good laughs at his expense. The first time he was about to start his climb I had to point out to him he was still wearing his Chacos. Then when he fixed that problem he started climbing without even being tied to the rope! After that it was smooth sailing for him up this 5.10R climb. He may climb harder than me already but at least I remember to put on my shoes and tie in every time so I've still got something on him.

No comments: