Friday, June 4, 2010

Mysterious and just plain gross!

I have a New Year's Goal to cook one thing from each of my cook books. I was looking through my Lion House Cookbook (I have the old version with the unappetizing pictures) and came across these sauces. The names don't help much with what the sauces are and how they might taste is so mysterious to me. I might just have to try out the Autumn Sunshine Sauce or the Foamy Sauce.
I was telling my brother Nate about these mysterious sauces so he pulled out his copy of the book and started flipping through it for more weird recipes. That's when we came across this.... this... This what? What is it??? I'm at a loss for words here. I don't know what to call it. If I think about this too long I start to get that feeling in my throat that I might throw up. I dare someone to make it.
Most people know of my strong feelings against mayo. I am against it morally, politically, ethically, and aesthetically. It taste gross too. Oddly enough though, I don't think the "dollop of mayonnaise" at the end of this recipe is the worst part. Coming from me, that's saying a lot. I'm still debating what the worst part actually is, but now I've thought about it too long again, I'm feeling nauseous. I'll leave that debate open for another day. Till then, I present for you dining pleasure:
Lime Gelatin, Shrimp and Grapefruit Salad!

No comments: