Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Celebrations

This weekend I had almost all my family over at my house for a few celebrations. My brother Nate graduated from BYU with his MPA (Masters of Public Administration) and then he and my niece Samantha had birthdays a day apart. Even my Aunt Inez came over for it all. The only one missing was my brother Bryce. Too bad too since he'd just run the Boston marathon in an amazing time, we could have celebrated that too if he were there but he was still out having a good time in New York so I don't feel too bad him.
(My sister wishes she was as tall as me...look at her standing on her tip toes)
Birthdays when everyone gets together usually calls for a Baskin Robbins Mint Chip Roll Cake, but I didn't feel like driving all the way to get one. We still had to have the mint chip ice cream cake though so no fancy desserts were homemade. As much as I like cooking sometimes it is nice to just buy something. Cold Stone makes pretty tasty cakes...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!

If I didn't stand on my toes then I would have had to stand in front. I got back there and I couldn't see over you and Jerry and Josh. Plus, the ground was was sloping down there....yeah.

Winters Outloud said...

Hmmmmm..... cake.