Thursday, April 23, 2009

I want bookshelves

"Of course anyone who truly loves books buys more of them than he or she can hope to read in one fleeting lifetime. A good book, resting unopened in its slot on a shelf, full of majestic potentiality, is the most comforting sort of intellectual wallpaper.-David Quammen, The Boilerplate Rhino
I stumbled upon this quote while stalking a strangers blog. It was some girl who lives in New York. I love stalking New Yorker's blogs... and locals too...they're my favorites. But I read this and a sighed with relief because it made the large piles of unread books in my house makes sense, it made them ok, it made them a good thing, and it made me feel better about myself instead of guilty. I'm feeling so good maybe I'll go buy some books...
And because I have so many of these books I want bookshelves...and some pretty wallpaper and framed art, and fancy pillows, and everything else in this room. But mostly I want the bookshelves.
Which made me start looking for some more ideas on bookshelves....

1 comment:

Megan D. said...

I like those slanty ones. :)