Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Climbing with Andy

The day after my birthday Andy took me climbing in Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was fitting that the first time I went climbing in that canyon it was with one of my brothers instead of with Jake. The river was RAGING so we couldn't cross to our first choice in climbs, we scrambled around awhile by the S-curve but never found the route we were looking for, so we eventually settled on a couple of routes on Storm Mountain Island. They were perfect for us and nice and shady. Andy lead both of them and I went up second and cleaned them. I was able to use some of my new equipment I got myself for my birthday as well as the carabiners Andy bought me. He even hid a cache at the top of the first one. It was a great way to spend my first full day as a 30 year old.
Andy's view of me at the bottom of the rope on the first route and his geocache at the top.My view up the canyon from the top of the second route and my view of Andy at the bottom of the rope.

No comments: