Sunday, November 21, 2010

Snow Trees

The last big snowstorm was perfectly timed to hit in the middle of the night. I got to do my favorite winter activity of shoveling in my clogs in the middle of the night. It was snowing so hard in fact I had to re-shovel the driveway a few times before I finally gave up. I swapped my clogs for my taller fluffy boots and trudged around the neighborhood looking at the heavy snow on all the various kinds of trees and taking pictures of them imagining I was some kind of nature photographer. They are really bad pictures since I didn't bother with any kind of night exposer, tripod, or lighting. I was just trying not to get snowflakes on the lens.
This is "snow coat hair" very similar to sleeping bag hair and a close cousin of "bed head" and "helmet hair". Sometimes I wonder if having such long hair is worth stuff like this.

No comments: